Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday update

Today, Thursday, was a light day for us. We got up early and went to the breakfast buffet in the hotel then went back to the room. The Buffalo clan just hung out for a while. I washed some underwear in our sink with some laundry soap that Sherry, the best local guide in the world, helped us get at Wal-Mart on Monday.

After that, all three of us took a nap about noon and got up about 1:30 p.m. Linda and I both showered and we went across the street to the mall and ate lunch at the CSC. We all had chicken wings and Pepsi, which actually tastes better than coke here in China.

We then went to a store like Sears and I looked at cameras but all they had were Canon Digital Rebels or the equivalent to them. After that, we went to Wal-Mart and got a few needed things. Emmy was waving at everyone she saw.

Then, we went to Dairy Queen for the second day in a row. Emmy loves ice cream. We couldn't shovel it in fast enough for her. She had it all over her face as you can see from the pix.

We crossed the road and went back to the hotel. We're waiting on Sherry to come here with some paperwork about 7:30 p.m. Meantime, Emmy is picking up stuff and throwing it away for us. I guess that is something she learned to do in the orphanage. Maybe it will come in handy when we get home.

Oh, I've also included a photo that Linda took of me and Emmy. Thanks to Pam Clem in Cabot Athletic office for the T-shirt I'm wearing. Also, Emmy is wearing a Raggedy Ann outfit that Linda bought one day with her Grandma Rose Mary when Linda took Mom to one of her treatments last year. They got it at Mom's favorite restaurant Cracker Barrel in North Little Rock. I know Mom is looking down on all of us right now. It brings a tear to my eye as I write this.

We'll try to update tomorrow sometime. We're supposed to fly Guanghzou sometime tomorrow evening. So say a little prayer for us.

Love to all

3 comments:

Unknown said...

God bless you all.

Cindy said...

Emmy is precious. I think about you everyday as I pass by your house. You are in my prayers.

mary_stuart said...

Your mom is sooo proud for ya'll!!