Monday, September 14, 2009

Our Gotcha Day

Our guide Sherry picked us at the hotel at 3:30 and we went to the civil affairs office in Xi'an. While there, we had to sign some paperwork and the nannies from the oprhanage brought An Qing Shu to us. She cried and didn't want to have anything to do with us. She was throwing a Raborn fit!!! The nannies told her who we were and when we left, I carried her to the car and after that, she was an angel. She didn't really cry any again until we gave her a bath then put her down in the baby bed in the hotel room. We gave her some warm milk and she was out like a light!!!

Sherry took me to Wal-Mart and KFC to get some stuff for Emmy and some food for Mommy and Daddy. It wasn't the greatest in the world but we hadn't eaten since breakfast so it was awesome! And while I was gone, Emmy and Mommy bonded. As you can see in the picture, she is ours.

On Tuesday, we have to pay funds to the orphanage and go through an interview process. We had to pledge that we will never abandon this little girl. She is so gorgeous. She babbled some and enjoyed listening to music coming from the TV. At least someone liked it! ha ha.

so please say some more prayers for us. We are in this for the long haul.

Love to all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing, Buff!!

Tammy said...

She is so beautiful!! I can't wait to see her cheering for the Bison. Congratulations!!!

Suzanne said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to meet my new cousin! I'm hugging you all the way from ATL, USA!!! Walmart and KFC?! Sounds like home. Travel safe!

Jamie said...

Awwwwww....she's so sweet and has such soulful eyes! I bet ya'll are on cloud 9 with your beautiful precious bundle of joy! Congratulations Mark & Linda!